Results 1 to 3 of 3

Thread: Help Please!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member ClassicComics's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 22nd, 2008
    Posts
    135
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I may have an opportunity to by some 511b horns with either 808a drivers or 806a drivers. I know what the 808 driver is but am not familiar with the 806.... which one would be the better driver for my theater?

    THANKS!!

  2. #2
    Inactive Member gamalot's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    535
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know the technical specs but I do prefer the 808-8A on the 511 horn. I have a pair with GPAs 34647 diaphragms and I can't tell them appart from my 802-8Gs with the same fram.

    I think the 806 drops off way too soon at the higher end and is a bit less efficient.

    808 and 802 are the same motor while the 806 is a shorter version.

    Gary

  3. #3
    Inactive Member whitebroncoii's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2008
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Same year 802 and 808 drivers used the same motor and phase plug. The 808 originally used a Symbiotic diaphgram (aluminum dome and plastic surround). Put an 802 voice-coil in an 808 and you have an 802.

    The same year 804, 806 and 807 (Symbiotic) used the same motor (smaller than the 802) and phase plug. The results were 2.5dB less sensitivity and the same frequency response.

    All 1.75" voice-coils on the 800 and 900 series drivers can be swapped. One should always inspect a used driver to see what is inside.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.